How to create FTP account from cPanel
- by Shanu Raj
Create FTP Account
In this article, we will discuss about creating FTP accounts from cPanel. First, we will discuss What is FTP and Why we use this?
The File Transfer Protocol is a standard network protocol used for the transfer of computer files between a client and server on a computer network. FTP is built on a client-server model architecture using separate control and data connections between the client and the server.
Although transferring files from one system to another is very simple and straightforward, but sometimes it can cause problems. For example, two systems may have different file conventions. Two systems may have different ways to represent text and data. Two systems may have different directory structures. FTP protocol overcomes these problems by establishing two connections between hosts. One connection is used for data transfer, and another connection is used for the control connection.
Steps to create FTP Account
Step 1: Log in to your cPanel Dashboard and click on FTP Accounts. (view below image)
Step 2 : Enter details in the required fields.
- Log In with Domain = username of your FTP Account.
- Password will use to connect to the FTP Server.
- Enter the directory address. This directory will the root directory for this FTP Account.
- Enter the disk Quota.
- If you enter 100 MB then that FTP Account can store up to 100 MB of data in their Directory.
(view below image)
Step 3 : Click on Create FTP Account and now your new FTP account will create.
You can view the connection details and login details of the FTP Account from the below steps.
View FTP Account details
- Click on FTP Accounts in cPanel.
- Scroll to FTP Accounts Section.
- Click on Configure FTP Client.
- Your FTP Account details will display. (view below image)